Fenwick

The other day my parents decided to escape from the country, hop in the car and make a spontaneous weekend trip to London 

We made our way through London's busy high streets, stopping to make quick pit stops at some shops before eventually making our way to Fenwick's to grab a spot of lunch 

We reluctantly walked past the handbag section, hopped on the lifts and zoomed up a few floors to the eagerly awaiting restaurant 

We grabbed our seats and began to scour the menu, my parents have been raving about this restaurant for a very long time, and the Tapas option available 




Unfortunately the options on offer didn't float my boat, so as I had a few minutes to spare before breakfast ended I ordered Salmon with Scrambled eggs and Brioche 

Honestly breakfast is the best meal of the day, whether its the calorie riddled pancakes, a fully cooked breakfast big enough to feed a family of 4, or light and fluffy scrambled eggs on toast 




However the more adventurous side of the table went for an array of options

All small enough to have a little taster of, but large enough to be ridiculously full at the end

My Mother opted for the Risotto with micro veg, fresh herbs and broad beans




Spiced Lamb and Potato Cakes with Yogurt and mint dressing



As well as Seared Halloumi, with English Tomato, Caper and Shallot dressing 




Whilst my dad went for the Steak Tartare With Molten's Quail egg, truffle and chips 



Grilled Sardine with Orzo and Tomato Chutney 



And Seared Halloumi, with English Tomato, Caper and Shallot dressing 



I couldn't help but steal a few mouth full's of the pretty looking dish's 

We got stuck in, chatted about our holiday plans and what to do for the rest of the weekend 

Funnily enough Shopping, bars and supper were the main voters 

After devouring enough Scrambled egg to sink a ship, I instantly ordered the dessert menu and knew straight away what I wanted 

Now I have a real weakness for Macaroons, especially Laduree so as soon as I saw they had home made Macaroons on the menu I just couldn't say no 




I opted for the Mango, Strawberry, Chocolate and Lemon 

Of course my favourite was the chocolate, closely followed by Lemon, Strawberry then Mango 

I finished up all traces, grabbed a hot chocolate then decided to later that day visit Laduree to buy even more Macaroons 



You can never have to many Macaroons right? 

The staff at the restaurant were so welcoming, helpful and polite and even gave us extra Smarties 

Win Win 

With an elegant british ambiance to the restaurant, and an extensive menu whats not to love about this place! 

http://www.rhubarb.net/Venues/Bond-Brook

Labels: